Breakfast of Champions

oh yeah...the bob loblaw law blog

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Olympic TV Viewership Blog Part I

For those of you who don't know, I tend to watch a lot of Olympic coverage. Currently, I have Ol Betsy (aka my DVR) set up to record all of the coverage on all channels (although it requires some manual intervention to avoid recording the same thing on say NBC and NBC HD). So far, since my watching of the event began (2:30 am yesterday), I have spent approximately 5 of 11 hours of my life watching, pausing only to sleep and post what you are currently reading.

I was pretty impressed with the show they put on for the Opening Ceremonies; they managed to put on quite a pageant without being overly hokey or commercialized. This morning, for anybody who missed the 20k individual biatholon (won by Michael Greis, beating out biathalon king Ole Einar Bjoerndalen by 16 seconds) it was your loss; it is a fantastic sport, even if only because it is one I know I could never do.

Among the multimedia following the event, the one thing I really with they had was a www.nbctimelagolympics.com. In other words, a site that pretended (much like the announcers do) that the events were being shown to us live. This way, you could get all the news you wanted without spoiling the prime-time events 6 hours in advance. Dorks, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't even think it's that hard to do...isn't there some kind of revert to a past time functionality that you could mirror the site to?

1 Comments:

Blogger El Jefe said...

Curling is on pretty much all day today on one of the side channels (MSNBC maybe?) US plays Norway and then Finland today

8:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home