Breakfast of Champions

oh yeah...the bob loblaw law blog

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Anand's going away party, coincidences and likely irreversible liver damage

Anand finally decided to stop holding everyone hostage - turns out his threat to locate himself away from the Least Coast wasn't just a bluff. I don't think it's too tough for anybody who knows the tall indian to picture him rolling down the PCH in a convertible, skipping work to sit on the beach, or becoming a vegetarian, so I'm sure this move will suit him well.

Funny story...and hopefully it doesn't fall into the "you had to be there category"...

So I order a vodka/soda and hand my card to the waitress; she walks away, but then comes right back and says "You're kidding, right?" I'm already in fine form at this point, so I have no idea how to formulate a response to this, but long story short, the guy who owns the bar we were at, Stitch (http://www.stitchnyc.com) is named Nicholas Cohen...same spelling and all. The other Nick Cohen is an Irish Jew; I guess you just need a semi-unusual background to end up with such a mixed race name. This is the first time either of us has ever met somebody with the same name, so next thing I know I'm drinking like a half dozen [unneeded] shots on the house, and we took some pictures. Cool guy, good bar, worked great for an unorganized group of 50, and a coincidence that would have left me confused even if that first vodka/soda had been my last.

Just like most celebratory nights with this group, we ended up at a sketchy karaoke place. This was a different one than we usually go to; it served alcohol (many are BYOB) which usually would be a good thing, but in this case was the bargoing equivalent of running up the score. I didn't wake up until 2.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home