Breakfast of Champions

oh yeah...the bob loblaw law blog

Sunday, March 02, 2008

2008 BoC Matching Contribution Program

For those of you who haven't met me, I tend to get kinda into politics at about this point in the bi-annual election cycle. One of the offshoots of this is that a portion of my hard-earned money goes to direct support of those who selflessly put their lives into the public eye by placing their name on the Democratic ticket. In order to generate a bit of interest and get some others involved, I've decided to invite you, the readers of this note, to have your campaign donations matched out of my pocket. Here's how it will go down:

For those of you that aren't aware of it, there is a site called Actblue, which effectively acts as a clearinghouse for donations to Democratic candidates up and down the ballot. I have created a page, the BoC supported candidates, featuring candidates that I have chosen to specifically support. Just go to the site, follow the simple instructions, and it automatically shows me what you have done (it gets published publicly too, so it's not like i'm spying on you). Every once in a while, I'll tally up what's on the board, and match.

Most of the candidates on the list are what would be referred to as "second-tier" candidates. I feel this is where your donations can do the most good, specifically because these are a bit under the radar. Occasionally I'll be adding new candidates, with the ultimate goal of having 10-15 on the page by mid-summer. I'll try to keep Facebook updated in line with Actblue so that you can easily see who your choices are. If you want any information about why I have/have not chosen candidate XYZ, feel free to ask.

A few more points of interest and clarifications:

1. It is up to you to follow any relevant regulations regarding your contributions. These can be found on Actblue.

2. This is for congressional races only. Obama appears on my Actblue page, but he is not eligible for matching contributions. Dude's got plenty of money.

3. Matching is capped at $50 per person per candidate. I reserve the right to impose caps of any other type, at any time, for any reason, or no reason at all. Like America in the current administration, this isn't a democracy.

4. In order to be eligible, I have to know you personally. The point of this is to get my friends invovled. I encourage anybody else who wishes to do something similar for their friends.

5. Depending on the success of this enterprise, there may be a social outing for those who have participated.

That's it, have at it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home