Breakfast of Champions

oh yeah...the bob loblaw law blog

Friday, July 28, 2006

Reminiscences of a drunked night

So how does someone like me end up playing online poker and blogging on a Friday night in the summer? Let me explain...

Went to dinner last night at Buddha Bar, right next door to Tony's place (and hell no i did not stop by, even to see Dan). For those of you that don't know me that well, I'm not a wine guy. I like the stuff fine, and a quiet evening splitting 2 btls btwn 2 people is always time well spent, but we often just don't get along the next day.

I thought Buddha Bar was nice enough, although it fit into that wide swath of restaurants that I enjoyed but is low on the list of places I am likely to become a return patron of. This may sound odd...but I found the menu confusing, had no idea what to order. I tend to be against the concept of family style anyways because I like to plan out my whole meal, and not be at the whims of others' non-Kashrut dining habits. But I digress...

As always at these events, start out with a few drinks at the bar, then had several bottles of an excellent red and white wine (of which I don't remember the latter label). One issue with having 2 bottles going at the same time is that if I am also involved, a pattern develops where I drink from one glass, leaving the second in easy reach of any wait-person desirous of refilling it. This continued for a significant period of time. And then the revelry began...

In list format, naming no names other than my own...
  • The Louis XIII came out
  • A glass of red was knocked across the table, covering my [new] light yellow shirt with a fine glaze
  • Several members of our party starting trying to pick up this blond woman when her date would step away
  • The Louis XIII came out, again
  • We left the restaurant. We may have been kicked out, I just don't know...
  • The text messaging feature of my phone stopped working...on a side note, if you sent me a text last night I didn't get it
  • We headed towards the Hog Pit. Outside of the bar, I tried to take down a road sign with my bare hands; the bouncer suggested I not do so. Suprisingly, he still let me into his bar
  • Several more beers were given to me. These really hurt...
  • I head home in a semi-blacked out state, only to arrive at work 45 minutes late

Sometimes, I even inspire myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home